[ ESTWeb Home Page]
EST: Printed Version
Issues One to Seven are out of print, and available only on these web pages. The original contents were as follows:
- Issue One (Summer 1991): Interviews with Robert Anton Wilson, Insane Music, Paul Lemos and Nocturnal Emissions; and an article on the use and abuse of totalitarian imagery in industrial music. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Two (Winter 1991/2): Interviews with Zoviet France, Asmus Tietchens, Direction Music, factor X and Irre Tapes. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Three (Summer 1992): Interviews with Contrastate, Front Line Assembly, and The State; articles on Steve Reich and on plagiarism in the music of Negativland, the Tape-Beatles and John Oswald. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Four (Summer 1993): Interviews with Morphogenesis, Somewhere in Europe, Lustmørd, Con-Dom and Audiofile Tapes; and an article on Muzak. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Five (Summer 1994): Interviews with Glenn Branca, Jim O'Rourke, Holger Czukay, Strafe FR, Attrition, Onomatopoeia and Hybryds; and an article on Pete Namlook. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Six (Summer 1995): Interviews with John Oswald, Elliott Sharp, John Wall, Barbed, Nicolas Collins, Hildegard Westerkamp, Ralf Wehowsky; and articles on Phill Niblock and Jungle. Plus reviews etc.
- Issue Seven ( Summer 1996): Interviews with Pierre Henry, Lilith, features on "lost" minimalist composers Charlemagne Palestine and Tony Conrad; and an article by Rhys Chatham. Plus reviews etc.
Issue Seven was the final printed issue of EST. Issue Eight was prepared in 1998 but never published: